Generate, Create and Print Data Matrix Images in .NET Applications
Terrek.com provides comprehensive Data Matrix barcode generator components for developers who needs to integrate Data Matrix barcode into .NET applications using various generation methods.
Data Matrix Barcode Symbology Overview
Definition of Data Matrix
Data Matrix, a 2D bar code type, was developed by ID Matrix Company in 1989, aiming at encoding more information on a relatively smaller bar code label. There are two kinds of Data Matrix: ECC 200 and ECC000-140 (including ECC 000, ECC 050, ECC 080, ECC 100, and ECC 140).
Application of Data Matrix
- Marking small items
- Printing directly on entities
Barcode Specification of Data Matrix
- ISO / IEC 16022 (2nd edition 2006-09-15)
- AS9132 - Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) parts marking
- Air Transportation Association's (ATA) Spec 2000
- EIA 706/801- Electronics Industry Marking Standard
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG)
- GS1 Data Matrix
- Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI)
- X6721 - Korean standard
- SAE AS9132 - Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) aerospace industry marking standard
Data Matrix Barcode Features Overview
- It is made of dark cells and light cells which are binary 1 and binary 0 respectively, with independent orientation.
- It can encode all ASCII characters (values 0-127) as well as extended ASCII characters (values 128-255).
- It can encode as many as 2,335 characters alphanumeric data, 1,555 characters 8-bit byte data and 3,116 digits numeric data for largest symbol size in ECC 200.
- ECC 200 adopts Reed-Solomon error correction and ECC 000-140 has 4 levels of convolutional error correction, along with the option to use only error detection.
- Additional features: 1) Inherent reflectance reversal, 2) Optional extended channel interpretations only for ECC 200, 3) Optional rectangular symbols only for ECC 200, 4) Optional appended structures only for ECC 200.
- Our product can add a tilde (~) to make Data Matrix barcode compatible to GS1 standard.
Data Matrix Barcode Structure Overview
- In every Data Matrix symbology there are data regions containing an array of nominally square modules.
- In larger ECC 200 there are alignment patterns separating data regions.
- Surrounding the data regions and alignment patterns is a finder pattern.
- On all four sides surrounding the finder pattern is a quiet zone boarder.
Data Matrix Barcode Dimension Overview
- The symbol size, not including quiet zone, is 10 Ã 10 to 144 Ã 144, even values only, for ECC 200 and 9 Ã 9 to 49 Ã 49, odd values only, for ECC 000-140.
- The width of a module (X dimension) was determined by the application, allowing for the scanning technology and the technology of producing the symbol.
- The width of the finder pattern shall equal X.
- The width of alignment pattern shall be 2X.
- The smallest quiet zone shall equal X on all four sides.
Generating GS1-DataMatrix Barcodes
Data Matrix barcode may be easily created to be compatible to GS1 standards with Terrek barcode generators by appending â~ai+numberâ, or â(01)â at the beginning of the symbol. For example:
- ~ai2: AI with 2 digits
- ~ai3: AI with 3 digits
- ~ai4: AI with 4 digits
- ~ai5: AI with 5 digits
- ~ai6: AI with 6 digits
- ~ai7: AI with 7 digits