Generate, Create and Print QR Code Images in .NET Applications
Terrek.com provides comprehensive QR Code barcode generator components for developers who needs to integrate QR Code barcode into .NET applications using various generation methods.
Code QR Code Barcode Symbology Overview
Definition of QR Code
QR Code, whose full name is Quick Response Code, was developed by a Japanese company called Denso-Wave in 1994. It is the most popular 2D bar code in Japan, with a very high speed of decodation.
Application of QR Code
- Consumer advertising and packaging
- Commercial tracking
- Transport ticketing
- Used with smart-phone devices
Barcode Specification of QR Code
- ISO / IEC 18004 (2nd edition 2006-09-01)
QR Code Barcode Features Overview
- QR Code, a matrix bar code type, has full range of capabilities and maximum data capacity.
- It can encode numeric, alphanumeric, byte, and kanji data.
- It has four levels of selectable error correction, L, M, Q and H, and the capacity is increasing from L to H. Its recovery of the symbol code words are: L (7%), M (15%), Q (25%), and H (30%)
- Its orientation is independent, which includes both rotation and reflection.
- It has appended structure, extended channel interpretations, the nature of reflectance reversal and mirror images.
QR Code Barcode Structure Overview
The QR Code includes the following components:
- A quiet zone border which surrounds the symbology on all 4 sides.
- Function patterns including finder pattern, separator, timing patterns, and alignment patterns.
- Encoding region is comprised of format information, version information, as well as data and error correction code words.
QR Code Barcode Dimension Overview
- There are forty sizes of QR Code, which ranges from version 1 to version 40, version 1 measures 21 Ã 21modules, version 2 measures 25 Ã 25 modules, version 3 measures 29 Ã 29 modulesâ¦. increasing 4x4 modules like that till Version 40, which encodes 177x177 modules.
- There are three identical finder patterns Located at the upper left, upper right and lower left corners, each of which is consisted of 3 concentric squares and the size from outside to inner are: dark 7 Ã 7 modules, light 5 Ã 5 modules and dark 3 Ã 3 modules. The ratio of module widths in each finder pattern is 1:1:3:1:1.
- Between each finder pattern and the Encoding Region, there is a separator made of all spaces, and it is one module wide.
- The width of a module (X) is determined by the application, and the height of a module shall be equal to the X dimension.
- The width of Quiet Zone should be 4X on all 4 sides.
QR Code Extended Channel Interpretations (ECIs)
ECI, identified by a 6-digit number, enables QR Code encode multiple character sets (e.g. Arabic, Greek, Italian) and other data interpretations into one QR Code symbol.
An ECI can be any number between 0 and 999999 (dddddd). The tilde code ~7dddddd is used to enter the ECI value for TERREC products. Consider that ~7 are directly followed by exact 6 digits.
QR Code is only a data carrier, while ECI scanner can transmit the information from one language to another.